All my cardstock came from 12 x 12 Cardstock Shop. I feel they have the best variety of American Crafts and Bazzill lines (along with many others) and these are the ones I use for my pieces.
I started with a Bazzill black piece (my camera wants to make it look brownish). As we talked about in my last tutorial, I used black as my base, to find a few other solids to go with my base, and then I found my pattern papers to match.
PCC has a cute little title called Candy Corn Cutie and it is a FREE SVG file!!!! I thought this would be another awesome title for my 9-month-old granddaughter’s Halloween photos. In some of these photos she is learning to crawl, so I wanted to add “Crawling” to the title. Here is how it came out:
Here’s how I did it:
(I use Silhouette Studio, if you use different software, the steps may be different).
- Starting with the top shadow (offset) of the Candy Corn Cutie title, I typed the word Crawling as close to the existing offset as I could. I made sure to weld the letters together.
- Then I grouped the existing (white) offset and my newly added “Crawling” text together and welded them to make the whole thing into an offset.
- Then, I copied/pasted it and made the second offset and copied the second shadow, pasted it, and made the third offset.
- Going back to the top text, I typed the word “Crawling” again so it could go on top of my shadows and my Candy Corn and there you have it.
If you have any questions about how to do this, feel free to message me and I will be happy to help.
I thought it needed just a bit more under the pictures so I added the Halloween Treats Banners and Borders Set which included this wonderful Candy Corn border. I think it added the right touch.
Here is the finished layout once again. What do you think?
The products of Printable Cuttable Creatables I used were:
- Halloween Treats Banners and Border Set
- Candy Corn Cutie SVG Cut File – don’t forget this one’s FREE!
Until Next Time,
Affiliate Disclosure: I may be an affiliate for some products recommended in this post. This means that if you purchase items through my links I will earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you. I only recommend products that I have personally used and enjoy and when you order through my link, it helps me continue to offer you weekly free SVG files, digital papers, scrapbook sketches, tutorials, and other fun things. Thank you in advance for your support!