License & Copyright
As a small business, I love when my designs can help other small businesses succeed, which is why I include a generous Limited Commercial Use License in the base price for all Creatables designs (free & paid).
So you can start selling products using my designs, and if it turns into one of your big sellers (or if you prefer not to include design credit in your shop listings), just purchase the commercial license for the product type and scope of your project. See License Pricing table below:
I know this commercial licensing thing can be tricky, so this page explains the process of purchasing the right license for your needs, and how my designs can be used in your commercial projects and products. I tried to explain it all clearly, but if you have any questions at all, don’t hesitate to contact me!
This license applies to all designs purchased through Dec. 31st 2021. Purchases made after January 1st, 2022 are licensed under my current license.
- On the product page, use the dropdown menu to choose the appropriate license option for the number of units you intend to sell and click Add to Cart.
- You will need to purchase a separate license for each product you intend to use commercially.
- A Theme Set License, or SVG Scrap Kit License includes commercial use for all elements in that product.
- For example, you may use all elements included in a Theme Set with the appropriate license, however if you are using elements from 2 different Theme Sets, you will need to add 2 Theme Set Licenses to your cart.
- After checkout, your receipt will become your Proof of Purchase, and your Order # + SKU # will serve as your License #, which you will need to refer to when selling your products. Be sure to keep your receipt!
- For example: You purchased a license for SKU# E001, and your Order# is #123. You License number is #123-E001.
- For multiple licenses in a single purchase: You purchased a license for SKU# E001 and E002, and your Order# is #123. Your License numbers are #123-E001, and #123-E002.
- You will receive a PDF file with a link to the current license terms for your reference.
If you already purchased a product and then decide to use it commercially, you may purchase a commercial license separately at any time without needing to repurchase the design. Be sure to enter the SKU# and Product Name for the design(s) in the Order Notes.
All licenses are non-exclusive and non-transferrable.
Personal / Blog/Website Use: You may use my designs to create just about any project for personal use or to give away as gifts where no money is received/profit is made, within the following parameters:
- All “Not Allowed Uses” outlined below must be followed.
- If you use any of my designs in your personal projects, and post your project in an online blog, community forum, contest, etc. source credit with a link back to PrintableCuttableCreatables.com is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!
- If you would like to feature any of my designs on your website / blog, you must use the watermarked preview images from my site (included with download file), or a photo of your creation with my design incorporated. You may not post the actual files.
Limited Commercial Licenses -When the 50 units sold limit is reached, you must purchase the appropriate license tier for the number of items you plan to sell for each design/set.
Handmade Products: You may use my designs personally or commercially as part of your handmade items within the following parameters:
- “Handmade” products using my designs must include a handmade component that you contribute to make a unique product. This may include the use of personal cutting machines intended for home-use, such as the Silhouette Cameo, Cricut Explore, etc., or personal T-shirt screen-printing, heat printing machines, or embroidery machines and does not include commercial machines intended for mass-production.
- SVG cutting files and Print & Cut files must be incorporated into a unique handmade item for sale. You may not simply print and cut my designs for sale, or sell assembled paper piecings as a stand-alone product.
- My designs may be turned into embroidery files in order to create an embroidered PHYSICAL product to sell. However, designs from Printable Cuttable Creatables can NOT be reformatted/digitized as-is to sell as digital embroidery files at this time.
Printed / Physical Products: You may use my designs personally or commercially to create printed and physical items such as stationery, handmade or printed cards, handmade scrapbook layouts (layered paper piecing(s) or print & cut elements combined with other elements and pre-arranged as a scrapbook page layout), invitations, brochures, flyers, party decorations, clothing, accessories, drinkware, home decorations etc.
Digital Products: You may use my designs personally or commercially to create digital printable files within the following parameters:
- Files must be flattened JPG or PDF files with no layers, and enough of your own design/composition must be added to make it a new design (such as a customized invitation, wrapper, topper, other digital printable file). My designs cannot simply be placed or layered on a white background as a printable.
- Files must incorporate your own design elements or be personalized for your customer. My designs may not be used to create printable templates or blank designs for others to personalize or customize.
- Individual design elements from Printable Cuttable Creatables must not be extractable.
- Your creations can only be sold for Personal Use. All licenses are non-transferrable, and copyright for all designs remains with Printable Cuttable Creatables, therefore, you cannot sell products that include my designs for commercial use.
- Digital Stamps and Digital Stamp Sets may not be used for digital products (except for use by teachers and educators – which must use them as part of your own design/composition).
Web & Logo Designs: You may use my designs personally or commercially to create logo and web designs within the following parameters:
- Any of my designs used must be part of your own design/composition. You may not use or sell a graphic “as is” as a logo. Please keep in mind that use of my designs is non-exclusive, and logos created using my designs cannot be trademarked/copyrighted since they include images that are already copyrighted by Printable Cuttable Creatables.
- My clipart and digital papers can be used to create website/blog templates, banners, headers, footers, buttons, etc. if the design is flattened and 72dpi. Web templates may only be sold for personal use.
- Designs by Printable Cuttable Creatables cannot be extractable!
Teaching & Educational Materials: You may use my graphics to create educational materials (worksheets, games, etc.) for personal and commercial use within the following parameters:
- If your educational materials will be sold in digital format (such as Teachers Pay Teachers, Teachers Notebook, your own blog/site, etc.) my copyright statement must be placed inside your PDF file as a clickable link back to PrintableCuttableCreatables.com and on the blog/site where the product/file is displayed.
- A disclaimer must also be placed within the PDF file that it may only be used for personal and classroom use.
- The same restrictions as listed above for Digital Products apply.
- Your creations can only be sold for Personal Use / Classroom Use. All licenses are non-transferrable, and copyright for all designs remains with Printable Cuttable Creatables, therefore, you cannot sell products that include my designs for commercial use.
Other Uses: The above are just examples of accepted use. If you are interested in selling a product that is not mentioned here, please contact us with an explanation of what you have in mind, and we will advise if the use is allowed. Printable Cuttable Creatables reserves the right to authorize special uses based on individual situations. Exceptions to the above terms may be allowed only with express written permission from Printable Cuttable Creatables).
(Applies to all Personal & Commercial Use Licenses)
- Under NO circumstances may you share, distribute, or sell my original design files or digital cutting files, in part or in whole, in any way. This includes digitally or printed “as is”. Direct download links and files cannot be shared on public or private boards, blogs, websites, etc. – Please direct interested parties to the product page at PrintableCuttableCreatables.com for download/purchase.
- Files may not be stored in online albums, cloud storage, or sites with public access
- You may not modify, repackage or reformat the files to share or resell or claim as your own in any way.
- You may not claim my designs as your own. All copyrights remain with Printable Cuttable Creatables at all times.
- You may not use my designs to create commercial products or freebies that compete with or resemble products by Printable Cuttable Creatables in any way. For example, you may not create digital scrapbook elements or kits, digital papers, cutting files, digital stamps, rubber stamps, brushes/tubes, clipart, Photoshop templates, digital collage sheets, digital bottle cap images/sheets, etc.
- You may not copy, trace or recreate designs by Printable Cuttable Creatables to sell, distribute, or claim as your own.
- You may not use my designs to create printable templates or blank designs for others to personalize or customize.
- You may not sell as transfers of any kind (sublimation, iron-on ink jet transfers, etc.), without purchase of a Mass Commercial Use License
- You may not reformat/digitize my designs as-is to sell as Digital Embroidery Files without purchase of a Mass Commercial Use License.
- You may not mass produce designs for commercial sale (over 1,000 units), including print-on-demand services such as Zazzle, Café Press, Etsy, and your own website or store, without purchase of a Mass Commercial Use License.
- You may not use my products to create, promote, or signify anything illegal or obscene in nature, pornographic, racist, or hate related.
- When sales of products which use an element/elements from a single set by Printable Cuttable Creatables, exceed the allowed sales for your purchased license tier, you must purchase the next license tier.
- You may create multiple products using a single license (for example, an invitation and thank you card can be created using the same design element), however when the combined sale of both items exceeds the sale limit for the license tier purchased, you will need to purchase the next license tier.
Be sure to keep your receipt for possible future license verification! Printable Cuttable Creatables has the right to confirm the purchase of a license by customers at any time. The license for each set follows only one business/user at a time and cannot be transferred to another user.
To ensure my products are being sold under the appropriate license, and are compliant with the above usage terms, and with proper copyright credits, you may receive a friendly email or message from Printable Cuttable Creatables to confirm proof of purchase for the designs used in your products, or to make sure your crediting and usage is correct.
Parties who refuse to respond or place correct credits will be notified that they must cease sales or use of products. Failure to provide proof of purchase and proper license(s) voids any agreements and revokes the license(s). Parties who continue to sell products that use designs by Printable Cuttable Creatables, LLC without the appropriate commercial license or proof of purchase will be considered in copyright violation, and legal action may be taken depending on the severity of the violation.
I know this copyright stuff can be confusing, but I’m here to help and I want my designs to enhance your products!
If you aren’t sure which license to purchase, or have any questions about how to correctly sell your projects under my licenses, feel free to contact me and I will be happy to help you!