SVG files can be used for sublimation too! Make a cute set of Sublimation Easter Mugs and Coasters using Easter SVG files and digital papers!
Today’s post features the gorgeous SVG files and Digital Paper Packs (Bunny Squad SVG File, Spring Carrots Split Frame Monogram SVG File, Pizza My Heart Free SVG File, Birthday Party Hats Free SVG Cut Files & Clipart, Spring Gingham Check Seamless Patterns & Digital Paper Pack and Happy Easter Seamless Patterns & Digital Paper Pack).
The first projects I created were these cute mugs; I used one pattern paper from each set mentioned above.
1. First I did Print and Cut for the mug design. When you want to sublimate it’s important to use a sublimation printer. Sublimation images are transferred using heat on different materials that have a specific coating. It gives a sustainable and professional quality to your handmade items. I added the digital papers to a “Word” document and printed them out (it’s normal for the images to look faded/light).
2. Next I cut the papers in the correct size for the mugs. With some heat-resistant tape, I attached the sublimation paper to the mugs.
3. Then I applied some baking paper to protect my mug press. I followed the guide of my mug press and created super cute Easter sublimation mugs.
Here you can see the adorable Spring Carrots Pattern sublimated onto the mug. In this post, I chose patterns that are perfect for an Easter breakfast, but that is not too specific to only be used for Easter. In my opinion, it’s nice to use the mugs and coasters throughout the spring and not only for just one day!
On the second mug I used the blue colored Spring Diamond Gingham Digital Paper.
As you can see in the pictures I made some matching coasters too!!
1. For the coasters I didn’t use a fancy program, I simply used “Word” to create two squares the size of the coasters and printed it with the sublimation printer (remember to mirror your designs before printing!).
2. With some heat resistant tape I attached the sublimation paper to the coasters. Next I covered the coaster with some baking paper.3. Turn the coasters with the paper side up to transfer the design with the Cricut EasyPress. Press settings: 180°C or 356 °Fahrenheit and press for 60 sec.
This coaster was simple to make. I used the Spring Carrots Split Frame Monogram SVG File. Next I wrote “Good vibes” in the frame and gave it different colors.
On this coaster I used different elements. I started with the blue colored Spring Diamond Gingham Digital Paper for the background. I added one of the bunnies from the Bunny Squad SVG File in the middle. In the background, you can see the hearts from the Pizza My Heart Free SVG File and the star shaped sprinkles from the Birthday Party Hats Free SVG Cut Files.
Sublimation is a real game-changer. It’s so much fun to create these professional looking and cute projects with SVG files from PCC!
Crafty Ellen H
Affiliate Disclosure: I may be an affiliate for some products recommended in this post. This means that if you purchase items through my links I will earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you. I only recommend products that I have personally used and enjoy and when you order through my link, it helps me continue to offer you weekly free SVG files, digital papers, scrapbook sketches, tutorials, and other fun things. Thank you in advance for your support!